Your blog is like your baby and you can’t expect it to grow overnight. Continuous and consistent efforts are needed to achieve gratification in real sense.
Just like a little baby, your blog also needs time and proper care to grow naturally.
Blogging, in real, is not a business.
In India, augmenting trends in blogging is attracting many new bloggers in the blogosphere. They are coming up with a big dream of having tons of visitors and even making lot of money. Starting a blog with this sole goal is not worth.
Blogging requires realistic goals and honest efforts. Associating a business model with your blog at its very nascent stage is not wise.
The very basic rule behind successful blogging is the sole aim to provide unique, original and meaningful content to build strong readership.
In this post, I would like to share the four important pillars of successful blogging:
1. Killer Content is the king
Remember, content on your blog is the sole reason for visitors to come on your blog.
Points in mind while writing your new blog post:
a) Is it useful for the readers?
b) Is the headline catchy enough to attract the eye-balls?
c) Is the body of your post has enough information?
Consistency in writing also plays an important role in the success of a blog. Authoritative and popular blogs that you don’t miss as a reader have updates, reports, or facts lined up to publish every week or fortnight.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your blog
If a user is looking for any piece of information or article more often he is likely to search for four-five phrase query (known as keyword in SEO) on search engine like Google. A good thing about your blog is that it has a great potential to rank on Google for users query because of the quality content you write on it.
Just imagine your blog has a complete post about the topic user is looking on Google. All you need to do is to let the user know about it. SEO helps you in achieving this goal.
Search Engine Optimization is a process to get high search engine rankings. If your blog ranks well on Google, it will get lot of traffic. Traffic will give readers to your blog which in turn will make your blog popular in the niche.
There are few must haves in your newly published blog post to make it SEO-Friendly:
• Unique Title Tag
• Meta Description – A short 156 characters description containing the summary of your blog post
Tags – Mark the main heading of your post in
Tag while sub-headings in
• Give proper alt-texts (alternate text to image) to images in the post
Few other things to do:
Write quality articles related to your niche on selected topics with “How-to”, “Tips”, “Top 10 List” and submit to sites like ezinearticles.com, ehow.com, about.com, squidoo.com, hubpages.com etc.
The author’s bio section on such sites will give you more visibility as a blogger as well as quality backlinks pointing to your blog.
3. Relationships and Marketing goes hand in hand
Get social, Build relationships.
Build Relationships on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn.
Introduce yourself to the established bloggers & influencers in your niche and build a two-way communication with your readers.
Building Relationships with Bloggers
Best ways to build relationships with the bloggers are:
• Ask them to Guest Blog,
• leave comments on fellow bloggers posts after reading,
• ask their suggestions and feedbacks about your blog,
• promote their stuff amongst your readers on social media platforms
• Interview them – (tried and tested). It not only helps you in knowing about them but also open doors to new relationships.
• Personalized email to bloggers gets you immediately on their radar
• A bit strange but facebook is a better way to build personal relations than any other social media platform. So you can add bloggers on your facebook profile too. This not only gives you a chance to know more about their work and personality but your work also gets promoted amongst them and their friends. Afterall sharing is caring.
Building Relationships with Readers
Here are the few ways that really works in building relationships with the readers.
• Reply to every comment on your blog
• Have a nice About Page. Let your readers know about yourself by your pictures and videos.
• Be in reach of your readers by your social media presence (Facebook, Twitter etc)
• Don’t miss the chance of giving your physical presence in small or big live events
• Organize Giveaways on your blog
• Take your readers advice more often. Ask questions to them.
Social Media is the biggest tool for blog marketing. Your marketing strategy is already aligned if you are able to build strong relationships with bloggers and readers via your social media online marketing channels.
The natural process of building true relationships in lines your marketing strategy.
About Author: Neha
Neha has 3+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization & Social Media Optimization. She scribbles at My Life My Ways | Neha Agarwal. She is also the founder of Unrestricted Minds and visions to make it a useful online resource for budding Indian writers.
Currently, she is working in a leading e-commerce company in India.
Latest posts by Prakhyath Rai (see all)
- 3 Reasons Why FIFA 15 is Worth Your Money and Time - October 14, 2014
- You Should Pay When you Laugh At Barcelona’s Club - October 13, 2014
- UniverCell Introduces Univercell Sync- Next Level Techsperience - August 30, 2014